Partnerships with Industry
Alignment with industry in research, training and translational investments is at the heart of the MRC's strategy
and delivery plan
- we are committed to developing and sustaining close and productive partnerships with industry in the UK. All our research boards and funding panels
benefit from industry representation to ensure strong input from the private sector.
At present, we fund collaborative research with over 80 companies, ranging from large pharmaceutical companies to biosciences and healthcare companies. Notable successes include the The Division of Signal Transduction Therapy (DSTT) (also called the Dundee Kinase Consortium) which has attracted £10.8 million in joint funding from five of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies and the Centre for Drug Safety Science which currently collaborates with six different industrial partners on non-competitive projects with the aim to ultimately produce safer drugs for patients.
For more information on any of the activities listed below, please contact email@example.com
- Training and career development opportunities with industry
- Identifying new opportunities for collaboration
- Funding opportunities for industrial collaborative research
- Available resources for industry
- MRC policy on academic collaborations
- Documents for download and information leaflets for industry
- How to get involved