MRC Festival: Information for organisers
The second annual MRC Festival of Medical Research will be held between 17-25 June 2017.
MRC funded units, centres and institutes will be showcasing and discussing their work through events and activities around the UK and beyond during the MRC Festival.
How to run a public engagement event
- As part of the MRC Festival of Medical Research, one group of scientists struck out from the lab and into the street to explain how our immune system works and how we might be able to make it fight cancer - ‘Smugging’ – v. To catch someone off guard and show them your science.
- The places where we live, study and work shape our behaviours and health. To give members of the public a new perspective on their surroundings, MRC Epidemiology Unit researchers shared their science for the MRC Festival of Medical Research - Are you in a healthy place?
Our MRC Festival objectives are:
- To engage the MRC community to increase understanding of the MRC’s strategic aims and their own contribution to these
- To build trust in medical research by sharing MRC-funded research with others
- To increase awareness and understanding of the benefits of medical research to society