Regulatory Support Centre
Support and guidance for those conducting research with human participants, their tissues or data.
In an ever evolving regulatory environment it’s important to keep up to date, please find latest news below:
- NEW - Updated Human Tissue Legislation summaries
- The European Data in Health Research Alliance has launched a digital campaign on the EU Data Protection Regulation at: www.datasaveslives.eu
- NEW - Updated MRC Ethics Series: Human Tissue and Biological Samples for Use in Research (PDF, 731KB)
- MRC/Wellcome Trust publish health related findings framework
- New Clinical Trials Regulations published
- HRA news and consultations
We provide practical help for MRC-funded researchers; interpreting requirements, driving research forward.
Policy & guidance
Useful guidance developed by the MRC Regulatory Support Centre:
- Tool Kits - navigate your way through the requirements
- MRC Sponsorship and indemnity (where MRC is sponsor)
- Use of human samples in medical research
Useful guidance developed in collaboration with the Health Research Authority: