Population & systems medicine
Applications in the area of population and systems medicine are assessed by the Population and Systems Medicine Board (PSMB).
PSMB supports mechanistic and applied research related to the physiology and pathophysiology of all the major organs and systems with the exception of the brain and the immune system. Its remit also reaches forward to population health and the impact of environmental factors, including the social environment, on health and development across the life course.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neurovascular Ageing
- Respiratory medicine
- Musculoskeletal research
- Renal medicine and liver function
- Endocrinology and reproductive health
- Maternal health and the early origins of health and disease
- Nutrition, metabolic regulation, diabetes and obesity
- Trauma, acute medicine and surgery
- Medical sociology
- Population health