The UK Brain Banks Network
The MRC has led an initiative that established an independent and coordinated UK Network of Brain Tissue Banks. The UK Brain Banks Network will provide high quality brain tissue to scientists and clinicians to carry out cutting edge neurosciences research, and will support major initiatives on research into neurological disorders, including the aims of the Ministerial Action Group on Dementia Research.
In this section
- About the UK Brain Banks network
- Brain banking - science
- Database of tissues
- Future plans for the UK Brain Banks network
- Governance of the UK Brain Banks network
- How to access brain tissue for research
- How to donate brain tissue for research
- Tissue and operational quality measures
- Workshops/training days/approved documents
Director of the Network
Professor Seth Love (University of Bristol) took up post as Director of the Network in October 2013. He runs an independently constituted and funded Co-ordinating Centre that links the activities of all 10 major brain banks in the UK, including those funded by MRC and those supported through UKCRC partner charity funding and NHS/NIHR.
Brain and the senses - achievements and impact
The Brain: MRC research for lifelong health, publication, 2009
This booklet explores what the brain is, how it works, and how MRC funded research is helping us to understand more about it.